If you have not yet started to build your mobile marketing strategy, what are you waiting for? The time is now. eMarketer reports by 2016 the growth of mobile social network users is expected to reach 1.7 billion users, a whopping 210% increase from 2011!
Vitrue recently took a more in-depth look at how mobile users are engaging with Facebook in their white paper, “Social Mobile User Engagement: Analysis and Strategies for Successful Mobile User Engagement on Social Media Networks.”
Some interesting insights arose:
- Engagement with Facebook is on the rise, Likes and Comments continue to increase
- Image posts generate the most Comments via mobile devices
- Text and Image posts generate the most Likes
- Shorter posts perform best with mobile users
- Using punctuation in a post can have an adverse effect on the engagement level
- Likes and Comments increase during weeknight hours and weekend days
- Should posts include a link?
- Does page size (fan base) matter when including a link?
- What punctuation actually decreases user engagement?
- Is there an ideal post length? (There is!)
- What days are best to post for optimum user engagement?
- Focus on your core audience. Don’t spread yourself too thin.
- Keep your posts simple and straightforward. If it gets to be too much (in content or length), engagement will decrease.
- As in all marketing tactics… test, test, test! Find out from your audience what their preferences are based on performance.